10 June 2012

Nongnooch Tropical Garden

I admit that I am not a pet lover. I don't have pets except for a fighting fish named Nemo, which was actually our classroom pet. I needed to purchase it and adopt it as our pet for a lesson in class. The truth is I am not really very interested in animals. I accepted this to be true for more than 20 years, but now I am having doubts. Recently, I get excited about animals. I get fascinated seeing them! In fact, I'm having thoughts of getting training to be a zookeeper. :)


I was so happy when the residents of Pattaya in Thailand recommended Nongnooch Tropical Garden. And so we visited the place.


Nongnooch Garden and Resort


The entrance fee is 500 baht per person. It's quite expensive for a zoo, but the visit is worth the fee if you love animals and fantastic landscapes.


The landscapes as you enter the garden

Just because I get fascinated with rainbows!
Rainbow wall! <3






As you reach the parking lot, you will surely enjoy amazing landscapes!


Animal-shape plants :)


Don't get surprised when friendly donkeys welcome you as you enter the zoo/garden!


Friendly donkeys welcoming us :)


Donkeys in love!

Still at the entrance, you will meet these lovely parrots.

Nice colors!

 You may also feed some deer with string beans for 20 baht, just like this cute girl.


Child feeding the deer


My sister, posing with some of the deer

And when you suddenly feel your stomach rumbling because of hunger, you may want to eat at this restaurant. Eat all you can for 200 baht. Good food!



Buffet table for the main course dishes



Soup/noodles station

Fruits station


The most exciting experience for me: riding an elephant! Two people may ride an elephant, for 400 baht each. It's quite expensive for a 20-minute experience. But considering it as a rare experience, you might want to grab the opportunity. The ride was fun! At first, however, I felt scared because the chair was moving!


My sister and I and our dear friend, Mr. Elephant :)

Our picture riding the elephant was taken by the elephant guide who volunteered to take pictures of us. He took lots of great photos, and then asked for a tip. Hehe.

Mr./Mrs./Miss Elephant and its guide will tour you around the garden and you will see amazing landscapes and other creations!


Intricately made wooden animals

Stone hedges

Here are some other scenery and creatures that you will find at Nongnooch Tropical Garden.


Butterflies!

You can have your picture taken beside the tiger. We were not able to try it because it was asleep when we passed by that area.


The tiger with its keeper. Rest time!

Mr. Turtle

and more turtles!

It's sad that we were not able to explore the whole place because we lacked time. But visiting Nongnooch Garden was a fun and meaningful experience! Everything I saw there was another proof of a marvelous Creator we have! :)


The rainbow wall, bidding us goodbye :)

3 comments:

  1. Ang bright at colorful ng blog. And that's a good thing. :) At mukhang matutuloy ang pinaplanong mini-zoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sobrang bright ba? Para masaya! Hehe. Oo nga, I'll work on the proposal. Haha

      Delete
    2. Sakto lang. At masaya nga. Hindi ako fan ng yellow pero I like this. Haha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...