10 June 2012

Rest

Rest. This had been out of my vocabulary these past few months. But let me tell you that this blog entry isn't about my complaining about my tiredness but about getting through it.


Last March, I was very excited for April to come because I thought I would be able to take some rest. I knew I would be very busy during the summer vacation but I still hoped that I would get rest. What happened? April came and this meant that we, the youth leaders in church, should be preparing for the Summer Youth Camp during the Holy Week. I accomplished what was assigned to me the week before the camp. Thanks to my co-ministers because they were kind enough to understand my busy-ness. Next thing on my to-do list was the Daily Vacation Bible School (DVBS)  for children in a community in our city. It was a four-day activity for children which included teaching them Bible lessons and implementing activities. I really appreciated the efforts of all the volunteers. I did not notice that my two-week vacation from work had already ended. I went back to work a week before May came in. Summer classes, seminars for teachers, and preparations for the upcoming school year were my activities from mid-May until it ended. On the second day of June, we held the Children's Day Camp in church.


I enjoyed doing all these but I won't deny that while they were happening, I felt worried, down, discouraged, pressured, and tired. I wanted to take a break but I can't. I had opportunities to rest but my mind just kept on working.


Just last week, I felt pressured, frustrated, and worried because I felt like I was not yet prepared for the opening of classes, for work. I wanted everything to be ready before June 5, so that I may enjoy our family trip. I prayed, though not constantly, that everything would be ready. But it didn't happen. June 5 came and I needed to leave work temporarily. I really felt worried.






A few days ago I was smiling upon realizing that God works in funny ways, sometimes. He set me up. He allowed my family to book a trip a few days before the opening of classes because He wanted me to stop thinking and worrying. He sent me to a place where I could not easily communicate with my co-workers because He knew that if I could, I would not be able to relax and enjoy. God put me in a situation where I can really rest, finally. He gave me time to stop, to be able to relax, think, process, and reflect on all the recent happenings in my life and the lessons I need to learn and re-learn.


Rest. It is God who gives it. And truly, I can only find it in God. To rest is to stop and savor God's revelations. To rest is to reflect on God's goodness and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...