13 June 2012

Day 1 of Year 2

Today was the first day of the new school year. I had mixed emotions as the day ended. I was happy because I met my new pupils and the school year seemed to have started right. However, I also felt sad because I won't be handling last year's toddlers anymore.


But let me start with the positive side.


A while ago, I met this school year's batch of toddlers, my second batch of pupils. Here's how our day went.


To give them time to warm up, I let them choose the toys they want to play with. Free Play Time was a big help to my pupils because they easily became comfortable staying in class. I had no difficulty convincing them to let their parents and guardians leave and come back after 3 hours!


Playing with colorful blocks

Play dough molding



Meeting Time came next. We had our opening prayer and then sang a greeting song. Also part of this routine was singing a song about the days of the week and the rainbow song. We also sang and danced Bow, Bow Belinda, and Deep and Wide. After welcoming them in school, I introduced our activity for the day, coloring their name tags.



They enjoyed coloring! :)

After the activity, we looked at their finished work and I was surprised that each of them was able to recognize her name on the name tag! :)

Then, we ate snacks. :)


Eating time!

And then, it was time to rest. My pupils grabbed some books while taking some rest.


Book lovers, I guess ;)

After being recharged with full energy, it was time to play outdoors! This is one of the most-awaited activities in a preschool class. :)



Slide! :)


Peek-a-boo :)



We were also able to tour around the school campus. We visited the business office and the library.


They found this alphabet toy in the library
and they had fun playing with it!

After the tour, we came back to our classroom for another sit-down activity. Then, I read to them Off to School we Go, a board book about chicks going to school. Finally, we said goodbye to each other!


Now, the other side comes next... 

I was happy to see my pupils last year. But I felt a bit sad knowing that I won't be handling them anymore. Could this be separation anxiety? :| I will definitely miss having them in my class. At least, though, I get to see them in school everyday. :)

With some of my pupils last year.
They're now in dress/polo uniform! :D

I'm super happy to see my former pupils grow and mature. I'm so blessed to be part of their lives. I'm also happy to have my new pupils this year! I'm praying for a fun-filled and meaningful journey with them! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...