27 December 2011

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings

Written on July 10, 2009.
Let me give you a picture of my Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings this past week.

I had to wake up early because I needed to be at CDC at 7:30AM, prepared, equipped, and ready for the day.
I had to wear a big smile as I welcomed 1-year-old-and-above crying children who were hesitant to let their parents leave them.
Still, I had to keep wearing this big smile all throughout the morning as I comforted, assured, and convinced the children that their parents would come back after 3 hours.
My cooperating teacher, my co-teachers, and I had to carry children once in a while to attend to their needs.
One morning, I carried a child for almost 2 hours. I had to smile even after he accidentally vomited on me.
One morning, I woke up unable to move my left arm which was probably the effect of carrying children.
One morning, I gained my first experience of changing a child’s diaper with poo-poo and of course making sure everything was clean. (You know what I mean.)
Another morning, I felt I was an expert because I accommodated two children.

Each morning this week, I had to convince children that they needed to change their clothes, with my assistance, because they were dirty. I ended up undressing and dressing up children who were crying and resisting to be undressed and dressed up. I had to gather my strength to overpower their resistance. 

Also this past week, I was so delighted to see these children.
I was delighted to see them, little by little, learning to adjust.
I was so delighted to see a child who was only crawling a few weeks ago but was able to walk alone this week.
I was so overjoyed to see children who were once always crying but were already exploring around the classroom and were playing, and dancing, and enjoying this week.
This past week, I felt the excitement of seeing these children every morning. 

I look forward to Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...