27 December 2011

Teacher = Student

Written on March 29, 2009.
To be a teacher in the right sense is to be a learner. I am not a teacher… only a fellow student. -Soren Kierkegaard

 I want to be a teacher someday. I love to teach, especially children. Most people say teaching is a great profession because teachers strongly influence students. Teachers touch lives. I guess this is also one of my reasons; I want to have a lasting contribution to people’s lives.

A good teacher, for me, is one who not just presents the lessons to the class but one who connects to the students. A good teacher is not just in front of the class, but is with the class.

I want to be a teacher someday. Yes, I want to teach. But more than that, I want to be with learners; I want to learn and learn and learn.

This semester, I really enjoyed our implementations and our interactions with CDC children. It’s great to discover that I learn a lot from kids! Simple facts, behaviors, attitudes, perspectives, I cannot name them all. But believe me, they are valuable lessons.

Knowing that being a teacher is being a fellow student makes me appreciate and value teaching even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...