31 December 2011

Refreshed and Recharged

I am one of the newest "members" of the ASAP family. :) Having graduated from college last April gave me the privilege to be part of the ABCCOP Singles Armed with Passion (ASAP), a group for young professionals from churches affiliated with Alliance of Bible Christian Communities of the Philippines (ABCCOP). I am thankful that I was able to attend the ASAP Congress last November 25-27 in Batangas, with the theme Strengthening Christian Stewardship.


I have to admit that I did not expect much from the congress though it was my first ASAP Congress. This is for the reason that I was part of the staff (But I felt like I was a delinquent staff member because I was not able to attend meetings and I had not contributed a lot. Hehe.) and so I thought I was gonna "work" while in the congress and not really listen and learn. However, I was completely wrong. The congress was relaxing, refreshing, and recharging. Glory to God alone!

I learned a lot from the "Let's Hear It" and "Let's Talk About It" sessions. Pastor Anthony Munar, the guest speaker, is blessed not only with a good speaking (and singing) voice but also with wisdom to relay God's message to us in a light yet powerful way. I appreciated his witty lines, not to mention his funny stories and jokes. I have a lot to say about him, but all I want to do is to praise God for his life. Glory to God! I also enjoyed the group discussions for they were opportunities to share my concerns and insights and also to hear from my brothers and sisters. It's really great to learn from each other. :)







Every activity during the congress was not only enjoyable but also "educational." I learned while enjoying. The debate was fun and it helped me reflect on certain issues related to my Christian life. The pool party was also fun, as we were able to fellowship with one another through games. Though I was not able to join the activity during the last night, I think the Speed Dating was also enjoyable. It was obvious that everyone was overjoyed! :) It's great to be able to have conversations with brothers in Christ given a short time, learning to give importance to every second of it.

I am very thankful to God for giving me an opportunity to have a short spiritual retreat through the contemplation time that was given to us. I really longed for a time to speak with and listen from God, without any concerns and to-do lists in my mind.





And I'm sure that the other delegates got to spend 
quality time with the Lord as well. :)



The last day of the congress was a day of mixed emotions. Happy: I was happy to be with fellow Christians from different churches during a Sunday worship service. Encouraged: I felt encouraged (in many ways) as Pastor Rene Librada delivered God's message. And sad: I felt a bit sad because we needed to part ways and because the next congress would be in 2013. Can't we have it every year? ;)

"It's not an accident that you are here." This was often mentioned during the three-day congress. Indeed, it was not an accident why I was there. Thank You, Lord, for intentionally bringing me there. :) Thank You, Lord, for the people You used to make it happen. Thank You, Lord!





With my churchmates who attended the congress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...