09 April 2013

Praying with Moses


April 8, 2013
11:45pm

Have you ever experienced receiving the same encouraging words from different people just when you needed to be encouraged?

This morning I opened my devotional and reflected on drawing near to God. Perfect. This is what I really need, I told myself. The main Bible verse was James 4:8. But what struck me most was the last sentence. Pray with Moses, "Show me Your glory." This led me to reading Exodus 33. God gave Moses a task, a big task. So big the task was that he told God, "If Your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." Moses longed for God's presence. I ended my quiet time praying with Moses, "show me Your glory."

While eating breakfast, I was browsing the internet. I saw a post, got interested, and clicked the link. I was redirected to a website, an online devotional. The post for today is about passion. I read these words: Then Moses said to him, "If Your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." The devotional talked about Moses' passion for God's presence. He cannot do the task assigned of him without God going with him.

Given bigger responsibilities, I am praying with Moses. Show me Your glory, Lord. If your presence does not go with me, do not send me up from here (to there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...