09 April 2013

The Moon Never Complains

In January, a book captured my attention as I was killing time inside a bookstore. I bought the book. It's Max Lucado's It's Not About Me.

I cannot forget how Chapter One used the moon to illustrate the message of the book.

Max Lucado writes,

The moon models our role.

Image source: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0709/saguaroMoon_seip.jpg














What does the moon do? She generates no light. Apart from the sun, the moon is nothing more than a pitch-black, pockmarked rock. But properly positioned, the moon beams. The moon reflects the greater light.

And she's happy to do so! You never hear the moon complaining. The moon is at peace in her place. And because she is, soft light touches a dark earth. (Lucado, It's Not About Me, page 18)

We are like the moon. We generate no light. Apart from the Source of everything, we are nothing. When we allow the Source, God, to position us, we shine. We reflect His light.

I pray that like the moon, I'll be happy with that role. No complaining. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...