31 July 2012

How Many Books Can You Buy with Your P300?

With my three hundred pesos, I was able to buy 6 board books for children! For several years now, it has been my hobby to rummage through thrift book stores to find great buys. Most of the children's story books in my collection are from Book Sale.

It was not my "book-buying day" when I found a treasure in Book Sale at SM Tarlac. I saw a set of colorful books and out of curiosity, got it and checked for the price.

A colorful set of books!
I was so excited to see the price and to my surprise, this was what was written:

6 board books for P300!
I double-checked. It was really P300. Six board books for P300! And what's more fascinating is that the books are new and without any damage! I usually buy board books from Book Sale at P60 and up, but most of them look old and some have slight damages.

The story board books I bought are based on famous children's songs. They are ideal for toddlers since there are few words and lots of colorful pictures. These can be used for Story Time or as introduction to related lessons.


If You're Happy and You Know It (My pupils last year loved this song!)

Another favorite song of young children :)

This Little Piggy :)

Pat-a-Cake :)

I'm a Little Teapot! :)

And one of my favorite children's songs :)
 
Sulit na sulit. But wait there's more! At the back of each book is...


Perfect for those who can play the piano! Sadly, I'm not one of those. :(

My next goal: To buy more than 6 books worth P300. ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...